My Response to Zak George's Questions - Vlog War Round 1

Although I'd rather sit down to a chat to talk about dog training with Zak George, I am happy to try this way, as Zak requested. In this video I address Zak's question to me regarding my dog training and use of tools including the ecollar, prong collar and slip leads. Why I think dog trainers play a critical role and should not necessarily rely on the advice of a veterinary behaviorist in dog training situations and I defend my use of "aversives" in dog training and the necessity for corrections.

It was my goal when I got into dog training to to help dogs, which is why a large portion of my time and efforts were geared toward working with shelter dogs. I believe that all tools have a place in dog training when used correctly. AND, am very opposed to banning the use of tools from dog training. I think it's a terrible approach and will not help dogs in any way.

I want to thank @zakgeorge for being open to this conversation, and I would invite a friendly dialog between all dog trainers for the benefit of all dogs!

I will post my question(s) to Zak in the next day or two..

#dogtraining #dogtrainer #doglover

Recommended Reading >> bit.ly/32kRpzw

Comments