Timing of commands (come, sit, heel), leash pressure, and marker words (good and nope) in training

This is a great video to watch for TIMING of command, leash pressure, and marker cue ("good" or "nope" - if you don't know what a marker is, watch my "marker" video). The command is separated from leash pressure by a half second and the marker is exactly when the dog gets is in position:

I say the command and give her a second to respond appropriately BEFORE I use a little bit of prong/leash pressure. It is all about timing here.... Pay , attention to when I say "heel" then watch the leash stay slack for a second to give her a chance to AVOID it. If I don't use the leash at all because she quickly gets in position, you will hear me say a really happy "good", if you see you me use leash pressure I will say "good" (less emphatically or not at all) when she gets in position. I mark her getting in the proper position of heel. If at anytime on her own, she looks at me and my leg to check her position on her own, I say an emphatic "good".

At the end of this video, she looks at a dog, I say "nope" she immediately looks away and I mark with "good".

By the way, I use these marker words and leash pressure like this ALL of the time when training dogs. Once Sadie understands the "heel" using only voice, then the owner can layer the e-collar on to the command.

Any questions? Put them in the comment section below!

You don't have to hire a dog trainer, you can learn to train your dog with my free videos at www.LeadOffLeashK9training.com. Mastering the Dog Walk is one of many free videos available to you. Check out www.LeadOffLeashK9training.com for all of my free how-to videos. Train your dog to have great leash manners, come when called, heel, sit-stay, down-stay, and to have great basic obedience skills so you can be on your way to having the dog of your dreams. Through my free videos, you can also learn to e-collar train your dog to get 100% off-leash compliance with every command you want your dog to know.

Lead Off Leash K9 Training is owned and operated by Cheryl Albrecht. Lead Off Leash K9 Training offers board and train services for all breeds, and ages. Board and train can be for basic dog obedience or for dog behavior modification for reactive dogs. The board and train model creates well-behaved and amazingly obedient dogs. Lead Off Leash K9 Training offers also offers private on-on-one sessions where Cheryl works hands-on teaching the dog owner how to train their dog. Lead Off Leash K9 Training offers Puppy Training as well. Cheryl teaches basic obedience such as proper leash walking, sit, down, come and much more to dogs and also can help you give a solid foundation for your new puppy (puppy development).

WEBSITE:

YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

FACEBOOK:

How to Train a Dog / Dog Training / Dog Training Tips / Dog Obedience Training / Dog Training Videos / Free Dog Training Videos / In Home Dog Training / Dog Trainer / Dog Behavior Modification / Off-leash / Voice control / E-Collar Training / Training Collars / Cesar Millan / The Dog

Comments