How to positively crate train your puppy. Training your dog to happily go in their crate or kennel.

How do you crate train your puppy so they are happy in their crate from the beginning? I use positive reinforcement and luring with treats. Every time my puppy is in her crate she gets a yummy bone or treat to work on. I never use the crate as punishment, maybe to redirect energy but always with something to occupy them while in the crate. I choose a safe wire crate for in my house and a metal or plastic crate in my car for safety. The reason why I crate train is it is important for my dogs to have a safe place away from situations, to rest and have their own space where they can't be bothered. Also, to keep safe to travel in and if heaven forbid, my dog gets sick and has to stay at the vet's they won't be stressed by being in a cage on top of any pain they are in. Please feel free to ask any questions!

Comments