Tips for training your dog to come to you

Tips for training your dog to come to you. In this video I go over a few tips that you should incorporate when you are teaching your dog to come to you off leash around other dogs.

The main focal points are as follows:

1) Pick the right moments to call your dog to you in the initial stages. I do not call the dog when they are in mid chase because my probability is low in the early training stages. I wait for the dogs to calm down a little and then I call the dog. As the dog gets better, I can then start calling them at any point.

2) I grab the dog's collar before I reward them with food. We call these collar grabs. We do this so that the dog does not associate me touching their collar with leashing them up and taking them away from play.

3) It is important that you call your dog multiple times, reward them, and then let them return to play. You should not only call your dog when you are ready to leave the playground.

4) Be careful with using food around dogs that you do not know. Some dogs may guard the food from the other dogs and it could cause a fight

Want to Work With Me?

Want to Work With Me?

I offer an online training program at

If you would like me to work with You & Your Dog, contact me

You can find me on facebook at:

Thanks for Watching! Subscribe to my channel if you like dog training videos!

Comments